The art is up, and Vox is happy

Yesterday, the poster shop redeemed itself by sending over a person with my three custom-framed posters strapped to his body. My coworkers helped hang them up...okay my coworker Hahvard hung them up, and I and a few other office mates mocked him for 1) always having to do things the hard way and 2) never knowing when something was straight or crooked. I mean he wasn't even close. Then upon examining the color scheme in my 2 Kandinskys and my Rothko, I realized that my opera post cards which I had so carefully framed with cheapo frames at Walgreens looked all wrong and washed out in comparison to the brightness that was the remaining artwork. The solution? More postcards of course! This time I went with Wolf Kahn postcards from his series of barns. Yes, some of them are repeats from a Wolf Kahn calendar I hung up in my apartment...but I know what I like, and I like Wolf. It sort of ties it all together, you know? And now that my secretary has given up her firm plant to me, my office looks so much less depressing. I can foresee myself spending many hours here on the weekends, but not wanting to kill myself for want of visual stimulation...instead I'll want to kill myself because of the work I'm being asked to do. And isn't that as it should be?

1 Comments:
yay!! the art has arrived - FINALLY! even i was exasperated for you.
Post a Comment
<< Home